YOU ARE HERE: RESOURCES → OTHER OPPORTUNITIES → ALUMNI → VOLUNTEER → INTERNSHIP
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Willamette Family!
Volunteers have the opportunity to contribute to vital functions of the agency. Willamette Family has volunteer opportunities available that align with your interests and goals. Below are the volunteer opportunities currently available. Please click here if you have any questions.Please click here if you have any questions.
- Help with planning and executing annual fundraisers
- Help with large mailings as needed
- Contribute to planning internal functions such as annual board dinner
- Create opportunities for promotion of Willamette Family programs
Supervisor: Development Associate
Child Development Center Volunteer
- Maintain a sanitary, safe environment in the Child Development Center.
- Take children on outings and field trips away from the Center.
- Prepare and serve snacks twice daily, and meals when needed.
- Participation in safety protocols.
- Competence, sound judgement and self-control in working with children.
- Physical and emotional ability to perform assigned duties related to child development and quality childcare.
- Ability to lift children (10-40 pounds).
- Fitness level which allows ability to run with children.
- Fitness level which allows ability to sit on floor with children.
- Possess current Food Handler’s card
- Pass criminal background check
Supervisor: Child Development Center Manager
Essential dutires and responsibilities will be determined by the individual selected for the position. Other duties may be assigned. Duties will include most of the following:
- Food Preparation, chopping vegetables, making salads and putting together entrees.
- Follow the instructions and menus of the day
- Must have current Food Handler’s Card
- Properly store food
- General cleaning and sanitizing skills a must in performing kitchen duties including maintenance; emptying the trash, mopping floors and washing dishes.
- Work well with other employees and clients
- Other duties may include putting away freight and stocking freezers.
- May direct activities of one or more workers/clients who assist in preparing and serving meals
- Excellent work habits required
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor
Qualification: The successful individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. A basic knowledge of safe and proper use of kitchen equipment and strong adherence to health and safety standards required.
Education/Expereience: Cooking and general housekeeping experience preferred, will train.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing for extended periods of time, ability to lift up to 50 pounds infrequently and 10 to 20 frequently. Job description involves bending stooping & twisting.
If interested, please fill out and submit the criminal history application (Link Here) and our Willamette Family Volunteer Application Form (Download Form). Thank you!
Intern/Volunteer Manual: Downlad Link